Friday, July 14, 2023

POSTAL SERVICE STRUT*

Posted on Facebook years ago:

Occasionally, I think here I am 78 years old and I have a lot of knowledge stored in my head and think it is not right that I don't get to share it. Then something happens that I do get to share some of it. For instance I was a Postal Scheme Examiner when I was employed by the Postal Service for the last ten or so years. I took pride of knowing every street in Marietta. But all those 6000 plus streets in Marietta will just have to do without my knowledge since I retired. But occasionally Anna will asked me about the location of a street. Just the other day she asked me where a certain street is. She read in the paper that the residents of that street go all out for Christmas decorations every year. When she asked me I jumped into action and told her and told her several ways we could get there. And today at PT I overheard two technicians talk about their benefits and requirements to qualified. One of the techs said management told her she would have get 2000 something hours in first before reaching a level. "Why 2000 and something?" she wailed. A beam shined from the heavens and a deep thunderous voice said, "You are on Eddie!" I interrupted their conversation and said, "The number is 2080!" One of them asked how would I know that. I said 2080 is the magic number of work hours for a year. 52 week multiplies by 40 hours a week equals 2080. I told them I used to be a timekeeper in the Postal Service in Atlanta. One of therm said, "Eddie, you are full of information!" I beamed. *Originally I intended to title this POSTAL STUFF but in error I typed STRUT. I like my error better. It was meant to be.

No comments: