Saturday, July 08, 2023

Better Early Than Lake (I heard that and it changed my life style)

I have always been early. At Waterman Street Grammar School They opened the doors at 8am. I was there waiting at 7am. Mrs. Whitehead called my mother to complain about me being out on the playground alone so early in the morning. She said it was dangerous and not healthy in the winter time. I kept on with my usual habit. Movies, concerts, whatever we were first in line. Birthday parties, anniversary parties, we would be there so early we were in the way so we helped set things up The other day I carried my sister to a doctor. Her appointment was at 4:30, but they added “Be here about 4:00 to fill out the paper work.” We were there at the receptionist’s window ar 3:30. I think us being so early unnerved her. Stern, she told us (in an accent) to leave and come back at 4:00. I asked, “Can we wait here in the waiting room?” That was a puzzler for her. She briefly thought it over and said, “Yes”. That is what I wanted anyway. A time to read.

No comments: