Thursday, July 31, 2014

Great Greats






The above picture is Anna's mother Marie and her great great grandkids, that was taken six or so years ago.  I posted it on Facebook yesterday.

Ironically, hours after I had posted it, the same boy, now age 11, and his grandmother dropped by Marie's for a visit.  We were already there.   His grandmother is Anna's niece.  I found it interesting that two people in the same room were great great to one another.  How many people can claim to have personally known their great great grandparent or great great grandchild?


Three of my great grandfathers fought in the Civil War over 150 years ago, and they were not even "great great". 

My great grandfather William fought in the Civil War and his great grandfather William Trammell fought in the Revolutionary War.

No comments: