Wednesday, June 13, 2012

PRETTY PETTY WOMEN

My mother’s maiden name was Petty. I am continuously doing family research on Petty, just as I do with the Hunter family name.

My cousin emailed me the other day and told me that there was a Petty relative, dead now, that I may be interested in. Why? Because this Petty made women drawings scantily clad?

George Brown Petty (1894-1975) was born in Abbeville, Vermilion Parish, Louisiana but moved to Chicago with his family at a young age. He made a career and a name for himself drawing nearly naked sexy women. His biggest customer was Esquire Magazine. In 1950 a movie was made about him called “THE PETTY GIRL” starring Robert Cummings playing his part.

I am still doing research, trying to figure out his lineage to our common ancestor.  Who said family research is boring?













No comments: