Monday, April 18, 2011

Who Do I Think I am? Wow! part 33



Robert Cabel Tyson (1821 – 6 Apr 1864) , great grandfather was born in Clarke County, Georgia, and died in Cherokee County, Georgia, near the area of present day Bells Ferry Road and Highway 92. Usually when giving one’s living dates I only give the year because normally that is the only time facts important. But this time I included the death date of April 6, 1864. The battle of nearby Kennesaw Mountain in the Civil War, was about the second week of June 1864, slightly over a month away.

However, about the time Robert lost his life some Yankee scouts on horseback came through the area and there was a skirmish. Tyson Cemetery was even mentioned in the report. At this point in my research I don’t know how Robert died. He was only 43, and there was fighting in the area.

He married Sarah Moody. They had 8 children.


Sarah Moody Tyson

No comments: