Sunday, March 06, 2011

Google and THE SPIRIT



Above is GOGGLE's logo today, March 6, 2011. If Will Eisner (1917-2005), creator of THE SPIRIT, had lived he would have been 94 years old today.

The art is done very much in Eisner style with the big letters that also are urban buidings. I have seen that style many times in SPIRIT comics.

Somebody at Google is a Eisner/SPIRIT fan. I am too. That is about the depth of my discussion about Will Eisner, which reminds me of the kid in the movie CHRISTMAS STORY a kid said, "I like Santa Clause". And that was that.

Chuck Wells of Comic Book Catacombs blog said this morning, "GOOGLE has Sprit!" I wish I said that. To see his comments, click below.

Catacombs

PS My son Rocky just pointed out this article on the GOOGLE e-newsletter:

Google Newsletter

No comments: