Friday, February 05, 2010

Keith R. & Wolfgang Amadeus M.



"Rolling Stones Keith Richards listens to Mozart every day."*

When I read the above fact I found it hard to believe. I believe Keith Richards knows his music and does appreciate other musicians. Once I read that after he was famous he traveled with some blues musicians in the Mississippi Delta backing them up. That made me have more respect for Richards.

But Mozart? I like Mozart. It has a certain bounce and/or gloom to it that I don't think normal classical music has, except maybe Bach, not that I am an expert or anything. But Keith Richards listening to Mozart every day? That is hard to believe.

Then it occurred to me. I bet he rides an elevator every day.... or is that Muzak?


*UNCLE JOHN’S TRIUMPHANT 20TH ANNIVERSARY BATHROOM READER, p55