Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Yam What I Yam! kakakaka


Have you ever heard Popeye laugh in the old Popeye cartoons. It sounds something like a lawnmower trying to start: kakakaka.

The above is a copy of postcard I bought off a postcard rack someplace.

For years and years I have been buying postcards. Whenever I see a postcard rack I would carefully study each card and buy a couple.

"What are you going to do with all those cards?" I have been asked more than once.

And I would answer, "I don't know yet, but when I do know, I will have them." Well, to get some mileage out of them before I discover why I have them, I thought I would show some select ones here and now, or now and then - whichever.

Kakakaka!

6 comments:

kenju said...

Little did we know all the years when we were collecting stuff - that it would end up on something called a blog.....LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. I have a nice little stack of postcards sitting on a shelf next to me as I type. Sometimes I send one randomly to my mom.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
That is nice and generous of you. I am too greedy to do anything like that. I bought the postcards because I like them, and don't like the idea of parting with them.

Eddie said...

Judy,
While cleaning the basement trying to get of junk I found a whole lot of blog inspirations!

Carolyn said...

Cool! You could even frame them and hang 'em on your walls, or make a poster collage for your den...

Eddie said...

Caroyln,
I was thinking of buying a bunch of little frames and putting two or more in each room and keep replacing them. Then, I thought, if they ever want to have me declared insane, that might be all the evidence they need.