Monday, November 18, 2019

Whiff of Your Old Stomping Grounds








The Tour of Marietta Homes, a.k.a. Marietta Pilgrimage, will probably be soon, like the first weekend of December.  But maybe not, I have not heard a word about their plans.

CORRECTION:  My friend Laura read this blog and went into action to get this right.  The Tour will be off Cherokee Street in the Forest Avenue are.  Which reminds me, my friend Archie lived in that area.  His yard was full of arrow heads.  When visiting my aunt, who lived behind him, Archie and I hunted and found arrowheads like Easter Egg Hunting.  Also, in my youth, Forest Avenue was loaded with boarding houses for single school teachers.


We went last year.  Then it was mostly up and down Church and Church Streets.

Here are some of the pictures I took on the tour  last year.  If you are from Marietta and have not been back for several years, look at these, there is nothing like getting a whiff of your old stomping grounds, especially with Christmas music in the background.






















No comments: