Friday, November 01, 2019

Which Way Is Up?




During a rainstorm a couple day ago there was a leak coming from over the window frame of my office The roof is ten years old. We called the roofing company that installed the roof.  The labor was out of warranty for about 3 months.  They said they would send and estimator out to see what we need.
He came.  He climbed on top of the house and found one bad shingle  over my office and several nails pushed out.  He asked me if I had a hammer.  I did.  I ran to the basement and got it. He asked me to throw it to him and held out his hands.
Hmmm.  I thought, “How do you throw a hammer?  With one side heavier than the other – maybe throwing it underhanded would be better, it would sail straight that way”.  I thought.
So I lobbed it to him, or aimed it to him anyway.
WHAM!
It landed in the back of my truck.
I went and got it and said I’’ll try again.!”
NO YOU WON’T I think he probably thought as he hurried down the ladder.  I think he saw what a good coordinated experienced athlete I am.
I handed him the hammer and he returned to the roof.

No comments: