Saturday, November 02, 2019

Me and Janis Lee

Yesterday evening while driving I was listening to NPR.  The host was chatting with a young lady, I did not get her name, who had did a lot of research on Janis Joplin, probably for a college paper.  Janis was amazing to her, which she shared some of the stuff with us in radio -land.  I'm glad she did.
One of the things was how much Janis Joplin loved the song ME AND BOBBY MCGEE written by Kris Kristofferson.   and I did too, I loved hearing her sing it.

Another thing the Joplin researcher said:  At the height of her popularity and winning all kinds of awards she went to a music wham bam in Brazil and while there hitch hiked through through the country.  Amazing!  So full of life!  But now, Never More.


Watch Janis sing below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iX-EcRKXJw

No comments: