Saturday, July 14, 2018

J.D.'S Restaurants


For years we have been eating at J.D.’S BBQ on Bells Ferry Road.   Then a 2nd J.D.’S BBQ opened in Acworth on the Old 41 Highway.   I think I like it more.  Maybe it is the decorations that I like better.  Inside the Bells Ferry J.D.S the focal point in a wall full of old license plates attached.  The Acworth J.D.’S had placed antiques and the meat seems to be tastier.
Now J.D. has bought a 3rd eatery, also on Bells Ferry Road, at the Little River Landing bridge.  Today we went, and as yet there is not barbecue.  They have sandwiches, shrimp, cat fish, prime rib, and Low Country boil.   It is in an old weathered building that was serving mostly boaters and fishermen.  The weathered building gives it atmosphere and looking over the tributary to Alltoona Lak is nice and scenic too.
The food was nice,  and maybe a little more costlier than the other two.  I don’t think the cost ran anybody off, the place was crowded with yuppies. 
By the way, for a while the restaurant was owned by a movie company that a lot of the series OZARK took place in the restaurant.  I either heard or read that star j
Jason Bateman bought the restaurant.  So maybe J.D. bought it from Jason
Another thing I would like to throw in that has nothing to so with the restaurant but with me, after all, this is my blog.  Coming up Bells Ferry Road I realized we are in the Kellogg Creek area.  My ancestor Eugene Hargrave Tyson, in 1832, had a land lot in the Kellogg Creek  to mine for gold.  True. 









No comments: