Friday, February 02, 2018

Who Needs a Proof Reader?



Throwack Thursday: This is my Daddy, Ed Hunter. This picture was taken at the Marietta Police Station when it was on Atlanta Street in the late 1940s. I think he was chief then. I remember it was taken to illustrate how a policeman should not dress. The badge is upside down and might be on the wrong side, and so on.

I put the above post on Facebook one year ago today.  Facebook allows you to get more mileage out of your posts, allowing you to post an anniversary post every day if you feel the need.

Today I re-posted the above.  The first thing I noticed was the very first word is plainly misspelled.

Darn!

I am my own worst proof-reader.

But at least I'm in good company, if you consider the President of the United States good company.
Here are a few samples from his tweets:

Lasting Peach (Peace)
Tapp (Tap) phone
No Challenge To (Too) Small

Covfefe.  People are still wondering what he meant by Covfefe.


No comments: