Friday, February 23, 2018

Graceful as a Gazelle




There is an area that Willow and I walk in the mornings sometime.  It is a park.  An woodsy area and 4 young people's baseball diamonds.  Its near the dog park.

I walk mostly in solitude except for an occasional dog walker.  
Yesterday morning I saw an elderly lady running.  She wasn't running, she was galloping.  As she got closer in her face she looked in her 80s, but she ran with great speed, not bent over shuffling like many people probably younger than her.

About 20 or so minutes after I first saw, in another place on the edge of a school's back parking lot I saw her coming my way again.  She was leaping over (in high leaps) cement poles that blocked a drive.  

She reminded me of a graceful gazelle leaping.

When she got within hearing distance I said, "I'm impressed!"

She smiled and did a graceful curtsy
 topped by another leap, gazelle style.

No comments: