Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kroger Shopping Adventures

Shopping at Krogers today: For the past few months I have noticed that no matter what day of the week we go there we see a certain young man dressed the same way, dressed in what looks to me to be nice clothes, walking aimlessly. I haven't seen him speak to anybody, or even look at anybody. He just walks around in a a daze.
I think he is probably homeless with no place to go, but just likes to be under a roof instead of the weather elements.
I was thinking he would probably freak out if I came up to him leading him to believe I thought I was speaking to a fellow walker. Like ask him what kind of walking shoes has he found to be the best; what kind of stretching exercise does he do before he starts walking; did he like to bring ear phones and listen to music and what kind of music did he like.
But I didn't.
Instead I told a friend, who is a Jews-for Christ Rabbi, who was in the store shopping with his grandchildren, that the wandering man appears to be homeless, thinking he might know how to help the poor guy. By the way he changed the subject I think he was saying, "Lets mind our own business."
While shopping I bought two colorful cans of beer. One was Michelob and forgot what the other is. They were in the 10 for $10 display box. I am building up a good collection of $1 cans of beer. Because we were buying beer she asked for my I.D. (it's the law).
I told the cashier that I didn't drink, I just liked the complement of having to show my I.D..
The cashier looked at me like I was some kind of nut.

No comments: