Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Claim to Fame in Today's Paper




This is Brandi of Brandi's World Famous Hotdogs.   This picture was taken last Thursday at about 11:30am.  It is in the Marietta Daily Journal today in an artcle about local home-owned restaurants.

I was there.

You could see me if it wasn't for Brandi.  I was sitting at the counter in the far corner.  The lady taking the pictures took several pictures.  Although, Brandi blocked the view of the camera, it doesn't matter - even if the photographer had a clear shot of me and I was the only one there the final picture would just show a restaurant  empty of people, you see, I'm invisible.

To prove it, that same day, when I went to the cash register Brandi looked suprised.  When I handed her my ticket she said, "Hi! I didn't know you were here!"  

I should have said, "Well, I can't prove it by the picture you got in the way of!"  ... I could have said that before I saw the final picture.

Also in the same article it tells about Old South Barbecue.  It tells it is family owned and has been in business for 45 years.  I know, we have been married 45 years and we started going there often just when they opened.  We even counted on them for blackeyed peas one first day of the year.

A link to the article:

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/21932825/article-Chew-on-this--County%E2%80%99s-oldest-eateries-dish-out-secrets-to-their-success?instance=special _

Also in the Marietta Daily Journal this morning is a big artcle about Bill Kinney retiring from the paper after a llife time of service.  In one of the picutres it showed he and his bride on their wedding day.  His bride was my 5th grade teacher.  Alberta died in 2011.  I pointed at her as Anna was reading the article and said "that lady held my head in her lap for about an hour until help could come."  At
Watermanstreet School Van Calloway had pushed me into the fire escape railing and it split my forehead open.  The took me to the teacher lounge and on the cot held my head up with ice so I wouldn't bleed out until my dad, a policeman could come.

No comments: