Thursday, January 21, 2021

What, Me President?

 

art by Jack Davis


That could be me taking the presidential oath yesterday.  Or could it?   I had a speech impediment too when I was young.   Well, I suppose I would have to get into politics, which I never had a desire to do.

I think I made the right decision not to be President of the United States.  You see, in my latest stage of life I get emotional over the least little thing.  I could cry all the way through a SESAME STREET segment.

If it was me up there yesterday, every song sung and the poem recited would have me coking up.  The military bands playing military music would have me squalling.

Even this morning I heard that President Bide called Jimmy Carter and thanked him for his lifetime of service, I choked up.

I think it would ruin my image during tough negotiations   with the leaders of another country my assistant would have to keep handing me Kleenex tissues every time they by-the-book complemented me.

Life is mean.


No comments: