Saturday, January 30, 2021

Heck No!

 



As I mentioned the Marietta Museum of History’s Amy and Christa Friday, gave us a video tour of the Marietta National Cemetery.   Henry Cole and his family were mentioned a lot because he donated the land for the cemetery and so were members of the Fletcher family who owned the Kennesaw House.  Most of the Cole and Fletcher families are buried almost on top of a hill overlooking a large potion of the west side of the cemetery.

Also the book JOURNAL OF A LANDLADY by Louisa Warren Fletcher was mentioned and refereed to several times..  Which the book is now out of print.  I bought my copy years ago and refer to it often.

 

When I heard Amy and Christa refer to the book I instantly thought of my book and how and how I almost lost it one time.

A lady at Noonday Baptist Church decided to be a mobile library for elderly members of the church and she kept them in books to read.  When one finished one the lady swapped it for another one.

That was a good thing everybody thought except for one problem.  One member of the group kept losing her books that was loaned to her.  We jokingly called her the book black hole.  Lending her a book was like throwing it in a black hole.

At this time I was reading this book, JOURNAL OF A LANDLADY and I enjoyed it so much I shared verbally what I just read. 

I must have made it sound pretty interesting because the Black Hole lady called and asked to borrow it.  I jumped or leaped across our living room and in so many polite words I said, “HELL NO!!!”

 

I still have my copy.  Yuk yuk.


No comments: