Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Toupees



It asked me what is on my mind? Toupees, that's what. Back in my 30s I wore a toupee. What got me thinking about my toupee was doing on some on-line genealogy research I came across some information about a distant cousin in-law being scalped by Indians. It made me think what if it was socially acceptable to scalp someone these days and if a gang of thugs on the street corner held me down to scalp me and I simply pulled off my wig and just hand it to them, would that me OK? Here is the actual bit I read that got me thinking.

Children of William and Anna Caldwell Hunter.
1. Andrew Hunter (abt 1770-1848). Andrew married Lydia Burchfield (24 Jul 1763-19 Nov 1846). Andrew lived about 78 years and Lydia 83.
Lydia was descended from the Burchfield family that settled in Cades Cove.
Lydia was scalped by Indians. Survived, grew to womanhood and married Andrew.
P.D. Everett in THE HERITAGE OF UNION COUNTY, GEORGIA 1832-1994

No comments: