Saturday, July 18, 2020

John Lewis, RIP

John Lewis is dead.  He is an icon for civil rights.  He is American hero.

When I think of John Lewis I cannot help but thinking of the first time I saw him in person.  Here it is copied and pasted that I just my pen pall who doesn't have facebook.

I remember back when Rocky was in high school  the band, I think it was had a banquet in Atlanta..  We went with him - it was for their parents too. The banquet was held in a nice hotel.  I don't remember the reason but for some, probably immature reason, Rocky and I decided to ride the elevators.  We went up to the top and rode back down.  On the way back down the elevator stopped at  one of the top floors, the door slid opened and in stepped John Lewis and his entourage.  He gave us a smile and a nod and continue to talk to his group..  At maybe the 3rd floor John Lewis and his group got off.  The door close and we hit the button for the next floor down.  The next floor down the elvator stopped and we got off running.  We ran down the hall, and up the stairs or elevator, I forgot which, and back in the corridor where John Lewis and his group were walking towards us.  We all gave polite nods and continued walking.    I bet John Lewis and other dignitaries get that a lot:  Pass somebody in the hall that they just left in the elevator. 

No comments: