Friday, April 19, 2019




Thanks to O.M Marietta:
T
T



I remember the Dixie Inn well.  It was in Woodstock on Canton Road, about just north of Hwy 92.  My family liked to pick up fried chick in white to-go boxes on sometimes on Sundays.  I do not know if it was the fried batter or the thin white boxed that kept the heat in, but whatever, it worked!

I worked as a carry out boy at the Big Apple Grocery Store on weekends when I was in high school.  If they had a special  worth driving to Woodstock for after work chances are we would go.
At times, we have bought their specials and then go to the Drive-In Movies.  

The evening that I remember with a chill they had “all you can eat” fish, I think it was red snapper. 

While enjoyed the fish and seeing how much I could eat suddenly a fish bone lodged in my throat.  I fell to the floor kicking.  I thought I was dying.  I couldn’t breathe.

No one seem to help me.  I think a waitress, ignoring me, had to step over me to deliver her food.

Somehow, it wasn’t my time, the bone popped out.  And I jumped up back into my seat, somewhat embarrassed.

And I’m still here.

No comments: