Thursday, January 31, 2019

Throwback Thursday: Donald Made Belching Artsy





with an older classman Donald E.  Donald had a way with wise cracks.   He had good delivery with his wit. He called friends “Slobber Butt” which just imagining a butthole slobbering sent me in spasms of laughter.  He had plenty of instant wise-cracks and deserves recognition. 

After we grew up Donald went to work for Atlanta Gas Light.  In time he made field supervisor.  I saw him at McDonald’s several often having breakfast with his underlings and handing out work assignments.  We never spoke at McDonald’s, I doubt if he remembers me.

Once  an Atlanta Gas Light employee came to our house to hook up our new stove top and I asked him if he knew Donald.  He did.  I told him some of Donald’s wise cracks, like calling people Slobber Butt and he said, “That’s Donald!”

When we were kids Donald could belch long and steady and even say belched words.  My buddy the late Van Callaway lived in the Latimer Apartments on Atlanta Street, next door to Donald’s family.

Van and I tried to do long belching and make belched words like Donald could but couldn’t.  We went to his apartment and asked him how did he do it.

“Eat a lot of olives” He said.
We tried, it did not work for us.

No comments: