Thursday, January 31, 2019

Gadget





We were told by AT&;T if we had a Fiber-net system our on-line service would be much quicker.  So, we ordered Fiber to be installed, whatever that is.

AT&T installed it yesterday.  The technician had to run a line from the telephone pole at the end of our street all the way back to our house and to the basement.  I showed him the basement and I noticed  he was looking up at the ceiling figuring how to run his line so I thought why should he lug his huge ladder to the basement so I told him he should use our shorter step ladder.  His head was almost touching the basement ceiling rafters as he looked down at me and  said "Thank you, but I don't think I will have a problem."  Then I realized he was a very tall person.  I asked him how tall he is  and he said about 6'7"

A funny thing about the Fiber, it is a little gadget he attached to a board of the wood frame that hold the basement steps up.  It needs electricity, so he plugged it in a power strip which is where the ironing board, iron, and radio are plugged in.  He showed me three little lights on it and said if I have problems, come down to the basement and look at this gadget.  If the lights are not on or changed to red something is not right and I need to call them.  He gathered up his tools and left.

We soon discovered our TVs were down and our computers would not go on line.  I rushed downstairs and the little lights he told me about were not on.  We called him, he left us his card.  He said he'll come right back.  I turned on the lights in the basement so he could see better which included the lights over the ironing board which is connected to the same power strip as the gadget is plugged in too.  When I clicked on the power strip to turn on the lights, so did the gadget's lights.  AHAH!

He was pulling in our driveway when I made the discovery.  


No comments: