Monday, March 05, 2018

No Yeses!





I have received three unsolicited calls in the past 24 hours that tried to pry the magic word out of me.  We get them all the time.
The easiest and mostly used is that they ask me they have a prize for me, and am I Edwin Hunter?   Or "Can you hear me?"
And, then greed is suppose to overtake me and I then chances are I will say "YES! "
And to themselves they say "GOTCHA!"
They can use that YES andwith a little editing can prove I ordered something or told them they could have the farm or something else sinister. 
Today "Elizabeth" calleed and said  according to their records I like to travel, is that right?
I said, "What records?"
Then Elizabeth ignored my question and  said she has a list of resorts in various vacations spots I and my family can stay free, can she read the list to me?
And I politely said, "NO"  and hung up.
And Elizabeth probablly said, "Curses!  Foiled again!"

No comments: