Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Misomaniac







The other day from UNCLE JOHN’S BATHROOM READER I learned a new word:  Misomaniac, one who hates everything. 
I immediately thought of this hateful bitter old man I see from time to time in the neighborhood walking his dog.  His dog is an Airedale and whines and begs to interact with Willow.  The misomaniac scolds his dog, or if he sees us coming, they will change their walking direction.  I got the idea he hates everything and doesn’t do small talk, he just rather be left alone.

This morning I saw an elderly lady walking the Airedale.  I asked her was her husband OK.  She was very friendly and told me her husband is recovering from a motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle accident?

That old fart, I thought, would be the least likely to ride a motorcycle.

She went on to say they both have motorcycles and he had his wreck just one block from their house.

Everybody has their own story.  Some just prefer not to talk about it.

No comments: