Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My Naval Years







When someone thanks me for serving I swell up and say something like "Oh shucks!" or "Somebody had to."

Here is a summary of my photo collection during my Navy years:  
Bourbon Street, New Orleans


Al Hirt Club, New Orleans.  I got to stand outside and listen to Al blow his horn rehearsing
.

Me Greenwich Village, NYC

Me swinging like Tarzan into the lake at Carmel, NY





Don Lash showing off his black eye a Marine gave him the night before at the E.M. Club

Don Lash with Empire State Building

Dick Day and I exorcising a pot in front of an antique store in New Hope, Pa

Me playing like I am a real Bell Helicopter pilot

Our barracks.  Don Lash is flattened on the ground with books around him at my direction.  I am up near the top of a water tower.


Our Barracks temporarily mascot, a snow woman with boobs and a Bud.


Joe Rexroad and Don Lash looking down at the Hudson River from the Roosevelt Estate (Hyde Park I think)

Big Bad me

Reuben Collier modeling something fluffy he came across someplace. 

My two first cousins Rodney and Billy Petty, Joe Rexroad, and I, playing Cowboys and Indians. in Carmel, NY.  Picture taken and developed by Don Lash

Washington Square, NYC


Don Lash at Times Square, NYC

No comments: