Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Pisser for Details




This is an old postcard of Brasstown Ball in Union County, Georgia.  Brassdown Ball is the highest point in Georgia.

I have been there several times but I have not been since I discovered my great-g-g grandfather John Hunter (1775-1848) was one of the first settlers of the area lived at almost the base of Brasstown Ball.

Once in about 1965 a Navy friend Don from Chicago came to visit me on his way to Florida and I gave him a quick whistle stop tour of the north Georgia Mountains.  Of course, the higest point in Georgia was a must.  We were there late in the afternoon and Don pissed someplace on the ground as high as you could get (no one was around).

His claim to fame was that he pissed off the highest point in Georgia.  Whoopee!

No comments: