Thursday, November 03, 2011

Homegrown Terrorists in NE Georgia



By now we all know four men in North Georgia, in and around Toccoa and Gainesville, have been accused of plotting to kill a bunch of elected officials, federal and state, that they don't agree with.

They are not young and wild. They are elderly settled men from ages 65 and 73.

My first thought when I read this was, “Holy Shit! They are my age!” They are probably gentle grandfathers who have a kind smile on their faces when interacting with their grandkids.

Of course, they are not guilty until they are proven to be guilty in a court of law. So, I will call them the accused of plotting multi-killings that would bring havoc on the people and the government. I wonder who these accused voted or in the last presidential election and who they planned on voting for in 2012. Whoever they intended to vote for possibly might not get those 4 votes.


I didn’t learn much in my civics classes in high school and college but I did learn you just don’t kill people that hold office that you don’t agree with. If that was the case, the entire federal government would be one little pipsqueak running around dodging bullets all the time.