Saturday, January 03, 2009

Overheard at Wal-Mart


I was standing in the clothing section waiting on Anna near the changing room.

The employee behind the counter answered a phone and talked to a lady that was evidently her supervisor by things she was saying. Then she said, “OK, I’ll tell her now.”

She hollered over to another employee and said “Mrs. Bla bla told me to tell you that the men’s section is a mess – cloths are all over the floor.”

Then, she turned back to the phone and in a lower voice told her boss that she probably didn’t know it but so and so was about 20 minutes late tonight…. And as soon as she came on the floor she got on her cell phone and has been talking on it ever since.”

As long as you have back stabbing co-workers you don’t need any enemies.

4 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Supervisor been letting things go on that shouldn't go on - cell phones aren't allowed on the floor at any time. So - she just told on herself too!

Eddie said...

Deborah,
I think the tattletale was talking to her supervisor on a company phone. She answered something to the effect of "Clothings...".
But, I agree, the supervisor should have been closer to see for herself. I think the tattletale embellished the truth.

Deborah Wilson said...

If the supervisor acknowledged the associate talking on a personal cell phone (non-emergency) while on the floor - that is suppose to be a no-no - company (store) phones are ok for personnel when needed, although if you'll notice some CSM's and dept supervisors, like Upper Management, also carry 'walkie' radios.

Most retail companies won't allow cell phones - it's hard to concentrate on customers while on a personal phone call. Not that people shouldn't be allowed to have them - because who knows when an emergency might arise? - but the retail stores that do allow them require that all cell phones be turned off or on silent/vibrate.
(Some Wal-Mart stores do allow cell phones, but they must be off).

Some folks take advantage of a phone - and their company. I've seen people stay on them (even company phones) their entire shift.

One lady I use to work with use to come in every day and stayed on the (company) phone doing nothing but nosing in her grown daughter's business...Needless to say, she didn't last long...

Cell phone technology is a blessing and a curse...

Eddie said...

Deborah,
I agree. When I use my cell-phone out from home I think it is God-send... however, when someone else's cell-phone inconveniences I think they are the Devil's toy.