Monday, March 04, 2024

Visit to the Library

 

Today we decided to go to the local library and sign up for on-line digital  books.   We have been absent from the library for such a long time they lost or detached our membership.  We had to rejoin.

We took two blank forms to an vacant  table and filled them out.  I had trouble getting situated in the straight wooden chair and had to move my torso and shift the chair around, which cause a scraping noises.

It is true what they say about libraries:  Every noise I made everybody within earshot turned around and looked at me.

Back at the counter we were turning in the forms we filled out and at the next window a grandmotherly like person was doing the same for a kid who looked to be grandson. 

The kid said very angry and impatiently, “I don’t want to go digital!”  The grandmother ignored his demand.

No comments: