Friday, September 29, 2023

Meeting Strangers

Posed on Facebook 9 years ago. 

Someone once asked me did I ever meet a stranger. Today we rode down the coast to Apalachicola and ate at the Seafood Grill with a subname of Husband Daycare - leave your husband at our bar all day. Of course we had to eat outside. We sat next to another couple, about the same age, and their dog was about the same age as Willow. The wife asked us where we are from. Anna said Atlanta. The wife said they are too. I said actually Marietta. The wife said they are too, East Marietta. Us too we said. Exactly where in East Marietta I asked. They told the street and by my last postal job I knew the carrier route number and it was off Shalowford and Johnson Ferry Roads. I thought they would. Know about GC BBQ. They said they never heard of it. What? How could that be? I felt I lost them they added they go to BBQ Number 1, owned by Sam Huff. Aha! Back on track! Then we discussed other restaurants and places. It reminded of the time on our cruise I was talking to a lady and her daughter. They lived in South Georgia, but they used to own a Duncan Doughnut Shop in Marietta and our son Adam worked for them. Small World.

No comments: