Sunday, February 16, 2020

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! Kurtzman Getting More Mileage or Self-Plagiarism?



In E.C. Publishing Company's WEIRD FANTASY's ATOM BOMB THIEF!  Harvey Kurtzman did a story of a man stole the Atom Bomb and against all odds took to a deserted island in the South Pacific and there it blew up on him, Opps!

E.C. analyzer and critic John Benson gave Kurtzman credit for the story, although I cannot find his name on it, besides I recognize his art style.

The above are the last two pages.  

I came across these just the other day while reviewing my E.C. hardbound library.  It very much reminded me of another E.C. story in  the first issue of MAD, this time the art is by Will Elder but the story is by Harvey Kurtzman, as editor of MAD he wrote all the stories.  Is it Harvey Kurtzman "Getting More Milelage" or Self-Plagiarism?   

The last page of GANEFS in MAD #1 below:


Click on images to make larger and understandable




No comments: