Saturday, December 22, 2018

NYC, Dec 2018 Part 5, TOP OF THE ROCK






Top of the Rock. It was windy up there. Cold and windy. I bet if I jumped up and spread my arms with my coat on, but unbuttoned, if I jumped about two feet up in the air I might could have sailed over to the top of the Empire State Building, or pull a Sully and land ln the middle of the Hudson.
The Top of the Rock is two or three levels, inside and outside.. I used the men’s room there, I wonder how fast that little 4 ounces of fluid was traveling when it got ground level. 


We did not know, but underneath the Rockefeller Center are many long hallways --- you sort of feel you are an ant in an ant colony. They have restaurants, jewelry stores, souvenir stores, you name it. OK, I'll name it, or another one: a food court on the level of the skating rink with huge windows to see all the action.

In that area is where you begin your descent up into the clouds. When we arrived it looked like we were going to have wait a couple hours in a huge line. But, we went into a wrong door and the guy there let us get in line at that point, ahead of the others…so we were up on top in less than 20 minutes.
The moral of that story is that sometimes being at the wrong place at the wrong time pays off too.





















No comments: