Monday, October 22, 2018





Today in the early afternoon I was twiddling my thumbs wondering what I should say on my blog today. Politics? No. History? No? Memories? No. Comic books? Nah! Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader? Nix. Myself? Hmmm, maybe. Local eatery? No. Marietta? Wore that one out too. Genealogy? No not today, I am repeating myself too much….

Then the doorbell ranged.

I looked at Anna. Anna looked at the door. Willow looked at me 

Usually when the doorbell rings it is an unsolicited sales call, like TV cable, or trees to be cut down. I was going to give them a piece of my mind.

I stormed to the door and flung it opened ready for a battle. It was my old friend Lee Moss. Co-student, co-Big Apple carryout/sacker, co -Swabby at NAS ATLANTA.

Lee had a gift. It is picture of my Daddy and his co-workers at the Marietta Police Force. I would recognized that broken nose anywhere.

Lee and Diane (her Daddy's is in the line up too) drove across Cobb County to get this to me. They went to a lot of trouble.

Thank you Lee  and Diane!

Another picture of policemen Jesse Cooper and Ed Hunter

No comments: