Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Kennesaw's Cherokee Street, the fight with grown men

 





On Cherokee Street in Kennesaw,s at probably the first or second block on one of the street is Nest BBQ and across the street is the Kennesaw Police.  Notice how Nest BBQ built a large deck and joined two houses into one establishment? 

And it looks like the Kennesaw Police Department also attached two buildings. 

In the summer of 1957, out of school for the summer I worked for C&C Construction Company.  We laid the water lines off main streets onto smaller streets.  I was only 16 then.  I saw two gown me who were foremen have a disagreement and slugged it out.  I don’t know if anybody won, except us workers who were paid by the hour and we were waiting on the next order.

Did I mention the fighters/foremen were brother-in-laws?  Not that it has anything to do with it, but the foreman named Woody, later worked at Lockheed.  One day he dropped dead on the workroom floor.

No comments: