Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Giggling Man of the Cloth




I was sitting in a medical waiting room this morning, waiting. I and the other 4 or 5 people had on masks. Outside the waiting room a lady took your temperature before you were allowed to enter. She also gave you a face mask if you did not have one.A man came in laughing.  He wore shorts than went to his knees and black expensive looking black socks that went up to his knees - I thought, "Why bother?" As he signed in he had a lot to be jovial, giggle, and laugh about. That was his nature. He was a man that radiated happiness with a giggle box overworking. A lady sitting, wearing her mask said to the man that she would say he was a religious man. He confirmed that and giggled with his eyes sparkling. He. told her (and us) his place in the church’s hierarchy. He asked her what church she belonged to and she named a Baptist church very close to us. I know some members of that church and was tempted to interrupt their rapport to ask if she knew so and so, but didn’t. I got interested in the book I was reading and dropped out eavesdropping until I heard him tell the woman God,s plan for her. 

The nurse called her in. She told him to pray for her and he said he would.

She wasn’t gone full minute when I heard him whispering a prayer for her. A man true to his word.

No comments: