Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Perky Bulb




We have been doing what they recommended, keeping to ourselves curfewed; isolated;  staying away from crowds, etc…. we been doing it for years so it comes naturally.

Yesterday I was up at the street checking our mailbox and our neighbor lady saw me and came barging over talking to me as she approached.  Talking to is as effective as lassoing someone, they are not going any where if they are included in the conversation, it would be rude.

She was telling me she was planting flowers under her window and all she had planted there had died, so she is going to try another kind, I forgot.  I told her the window is on the northside of the house and there will always be a shade there to keep almost any plant from growing.  She ignored what I said and said this time she was using a different plant food.  She was also almost in my face.
I stepped back and reminded her of the “social distance” rule.  She told me she wasn’t worry, she has already had coronavirus and you can only catch it one time.   Of course she did.

I laughed nervously and said I hadn’t.

She went on to tell me she got a job at CDC, as a member of a team of three who goes into a place and completely sterilizes the place.  She said he has to wear a special suit and headgear.
If that is true, I expect her to wear that outfit when she plants her flowers in the shade.

No comments: