Sunday, September 16, 2018

Roy Petty, the Uncle and the FBI Jerk





Yesterday we watched the season’s finale of the series OZARK.  The OZRKS is a lively high action series with plenty of blood being spilled.  We first looked at it after we had lunch at J.D.s On The Lake restaurant.  We went there because we heard was a frequent prop for the series.  It was.  I think I read that it will not  be in future episodes.

They used the season’s finale to kill off some characters.  That doesn’t mean they won’t be back, there is at least one ghost that shows up often now.   One character they killed off, was really a heartless bad guy who was a unscrupulous FBI agent that was very mean to people, suspects and co-workers.  Viewers  are probably glad he was killed off.  I knew his name was Petty, the same as my mother’s maiden name.  His first name was revealed.  It is Roy Petty.   

Roy Petty is the name of one of my mother’s late brothers.  Our Roy Petty was a war hero and was on the Board of the Heinz Foundation and ran a boy’s camp that most the kids were from the streets of New York City and its boroughs.  He also rubbed elbows with the rich and famous as far as hawking for donations.

I wonder if Roy somehow inspired somebody that was in the creative arts and they used his name.  Naw!  I don’t think so, I think we were the only ones that called him “Roy”.  His real name was William Leroy Petty.   His buddies in the Rangers called him “L-Rod” and with neighbors and professionally  he was just “Bill”.

No comments: