Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Just One More Hour


True:

I remember once not long after we were married we were returning from a trip.   We were 75 miles from home and we were going 75 mph.  I said if we kept that rate up we would be home in an hour.
A little closer, when 60 miles south of home we were going slower because of the heavier traffic we were going 60MPH, still one hour from home.
Then 20 miles from home we the traffic was going very slow and we were still one hour from home because we were going 20 mph.
Then, believe or not because of a wreck and gawkers we were 5 miles from home, going 5 mph, meaning we were still one hour from home.
I seriously wondered if we were in some kind of time warp, that we would spend eternity being  always one hour from home.
Then I shook my head, not possible.

Then, we slowed down to 4 mph.  

No comments: