Friday, February 13, 2015




When we lived on Manget Street, across from Larry Bell Park, one time I heard a car horn outside.  I looked out and there was a taxi.  I ran out and told him no one hear called a taxi.

As he drove off another one was driving up and another one was coming down the road.   I think every cab company in Marietta came on a call that afternoon.  after that the drug store delivery people starting delving sundies, milkshakes, Cokes, hot food from their lunch counter and so on and on. 

My mother was at her wits end.

Then Jimmy Pat Presley called and my mother answered.  He said, "Hi Mrs. Hunter, what's new?"

She started off by saying, "Jimmy Pat, you know good and well what is new!"  and she continued to bless him out.

She was mad at him that day, but she didn't realize it but he had just given her something to talk about to her dying days.


No comments: