Friday, February 27, 2015

CATCH 22 IDIOTS!

IDIOTS!
I just got an automated phone call from the company that handles our phone system.  The computer called and said it would like for me to discuss our account, for me to press a number that meant OK, or a number that meant the person it needed to talk to is not there at moment.  I pressed the number that the person it needed to talk to was not there at the moment, Anna takes care of the details on the internet/phone/cell phone billings.  So, in so many words it said OK and left a number to be called.  After hanging up I decided I could talk to them and maybe it was something I could solve so I returned the call.   The computer said  it could see I was calling from a certain number and was that the number I was calling about.  I said Yes.  It said that I have any technical problems and I said No.  It said my account is up to date, I don't owe them any money so they it thanked me for calling and hung up. 
I called back.
Again I went through the questions and when it got to asking me why I was calling, my account or technical problems  I said, "Returning your call."
I had to hold for the next available person.
Then I explained to the lady why I was calling.  She said to make sure I was talking to really me she asked  me for my secret pass word.  I said I didn't know.  Then she  asked who my favorite singer was.
I said I don't know, it was according what state of mind I was in when I was asked that, but I named off a few which were wrong.  Then she said she was going to call the number  I was calling about and see if they will give me permission to talk about the account.
I said, "Well, in that case you will call this number and get me on the line  and is that ethical, for me to tell you that I am OK? "
She said for me to not hang up and she would call the number I "claimed" I was at.   She put me on hold and called.
I could hear a beep like somebody was calling.  She told me not to hang up so I did not interrupt the call I was on.
After a short period, she came back on and said she could locate the person of that number.
That is because you were calling me, I heard the beeps, but you told me not to hang up from this call.
She said, "Well, I cannot authorize you to talk about an account until the owner gives you permission".
I said, "Which is me."
She said, "Sir, I suggest you look for that pass word and call back."
Me:   "Nope,  I don't owe you money,  I am not having technical problems, y'all will call me back if y'all think it is important enough."

Cliick!

No comments: