Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Walker Gave me a Brick





My life-long friend Walker Gaines,  his wife Darlene, and my thumb (upper left hand (literally) corner).
 I started the first grade at Waterman Street School with Walker.  He lived across the street from school.  And we were classmates on through grammar school.  We ended up with different peers in high school but remained friends.


A year or so ago I met Walker for lunch at the Varsity for lunch.  He had a present for me.  A brick from our old school, waterman Street School.


In the picture Walker is showing us around the Camp Ground Methodist Museum, which is in the old Campground School.  My mother-in-law went to as a child.  Walker and his family have been members of the Methodist Church  there their entire lives.  Walker owns one of the cabins there.

No comments: