Monday, January 05, 2015

No Two Beards are Alilke


Me, 1974




On NPR this mid-morning was a discussion about beards.  A  beard historian and expert was there and they had people calling in.  Some women think they are sexy and some women think they are repulsive.   So, I suppose it is a matter of personal choice for a male to not to grow a beard, and  for a female to choose to either like it or not.

The beard historian and expert said no two beards are alike.  He might have something there.

I thought of my own beard, when I had one.   It never stayed the same.  First it was dark brown, then the sideburns of the beard turned a dark red, and my chin hair became solid white.  Then overall gray with a tinge of redness here and there.


I didn't exactly look wise, adventurous ,  and successful like Commander Whitehead.

No comments: