Sunday, January 18, 2015

Confessions of a Gas Pump Line Jumper




Yesterday we went to Costco.  The regular gas was $1.89, the cheapest I have seen in years, maybe a generation or more.  I couldn't resist such a bargain.

I think Costco has 3 or 4 pumping island and each island had 4 pumps, 2 on each side.

I got into a line with two cars filling up.   I was the 3rd car in line.  Then the at the first pump, near the waiting line left, apparently with a tank of bargain gas.  The next car rolled up and took the empty place. 

OK, so far so good.

Then the car in front moved out.

The car immediately in front of me was next.  I was thinking she should go around the car filling up and pull up and start pumping.
The car didn't move.  She wanted the smooth drive into the empty slot without going around, and backing up into the place.

I waited.  She waited.  She had no intention of going around to get the next available place.
In order to keep things moving I took it on myself to do what she should have done but had no intention of doing.

When I parked my vehicle I noticed the lady at the pump behind me was talking to the attendant.

I was getting ready  to insert my credit card into the pump electronics part and the attendant approached me.

"Sir did you jump ahead in line?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I gave the lady in front of me, the one still waiting a chance to drive here and she didn't, so I came."

In the middle of my sentence he walked away.

I  finished pumped my gas muttering  "Three dumb ass-holes!" (to myself) the whole time.

No comments: