Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Harry and I





On today's  date June 12, 1923, Harry Houdini frees himself from a straitjacket while suspended
           upside down, 40 feet (12 m) above the ground in NYC.


That reminds me of me in a very similar situation I found myself in recently:  I  was changing a commode lid in very tight quarters.  I had to work my arms and head into a very small space - I needed room to turn a wrench with my arm and hand, and of course my eyes to see what I was doing.  What made it worse, while squirming into such a awkward position I scraped my knee, which then was bleeding and willow insisted on licking it - when she started licking I squirm to shoo her away and found I could not easily escape my position.  I squirmed, contorted, screamed, cried ,  and cursed.  I think the cursing did it.  I finally freed myself and the commode  lid works perfectly!  Am I good or what?

No comments: