Thursday, November 08, 2007

From My Pulpit



Sometimes I get irritated seeing people blow their own horn. There has always been a special spot in my heart for braggarts – a dark spot that is. My cardiologist tells me to eat plenty of fiber and exercise and maybe it will go away.

Wait! When one fills out an job application, aren’t they blowing their own horn? How would any body land just about any job unless they told a little positive stuff about themselves?

When wooing one of the opposite sex, you sure want to keep your negative traits hidden and focus in on your positive traits.

Of course, running for public office the name of the game is to say good things about oneself – although, once you have got into office and won their hearts you can be as much as a scoundrel as you want and even say so and they will still vote for you. Just look at the masses and Bush.

And there are commercials. They speak for themselves…. Indeed they do!

It might even be a natural instinct to blow your own horn. In a pack of animals sometimes the woo-er lets out a loud bellow to impress the woo-ee. Sometimes he may show off by whipping the current leader by butting and locking horns and scoot the ex-leader right out of the compound – and sometimes pound his chest.

And, I should remember this – in everybody’s head, their brains are looking through their eyeballs and each are always thinking, “It is all about me.”

The fools! How can it be all about them when it is all about ME?

7 comments:

kenju said...

You sound just like mr. kenju!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Well, we are both men.

Suzanne said...

Some horn self-tooting is much worse than others.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
True.

Carolyn said...

Toot Toot, Hi Eddie! That's a good write-up you did there ;)

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
I have been missing you!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
Again, I want to thank you for taking your time teaching me how to blog. Others may curse you for it, but I deeply appreciate it.