Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Blood Blockage

 Collateral Circulation

I am reading the book SET LIST: a novel by Raymond L. Atkins.  It is mostly about a bunch of young men with a common like for Rock music and an insane mother and maybe the daddy too. 

Yesterday I read that the protagonist had heart troubles.   His artery was blocked.  Nature saved his life.  Nature built a series of blood vessels to carry the blood over the blockage.  The cardiologist in the book called it Collateral Circulation.  He added the protagonist was lucky to be alive. 

I had a similar series of blood vessels creating a bridge over a blockage.    My cardiologist did not call it Collateral Circulation.  But he explained the blood veins rerouting my blood stream than shook my hand and said, “Nice doing business with you.”  That was probably more than 30 years ago.

I felt lucky too.

No comments: