Friday, April 26, 2024

OOO - La - La

 

A few weeks ago, we rode by Kennesone’s ER.  We saw in front on the sidewalk a middle aged woman sitting on a pile of clothes.  She was probably homeless and ended up at the ER, got treated, and then back in the elements, still homeless.

This week I had reason to spend several hours in the ER’s big waiting room with many other people.  I noticed there were at least three homeless women playing Hide N Seek with Security.  The security would track them down and they pointed to the door, silently saying, “OUT!!”.  One lady told him she wasn’t going anyplace until she found her money and bus ticket.  The same woman some how changed to a nurses shir and caught again.  A little later I saw her again, in a different outfit.  One lady had a shopping cart stuffed with many bright colorful clothing.  The first time the Security men ordered her to leave they walked her to the door and suddenly I heard her scream letting out strange sounds I never heard before.  It sounded like the guards were getting physical, so I stood up for a better look and she was about three feet from them screaming at them.  Later, when she was caught again, it was almost in front of where I was sitting and she screamed at them again, and I think, by the accents on words, she was screaming in French.

Our neighbor, not long ago took a friend of her to the ER and commented the Homeless is a big problem there.

Shame.

No comments: