Sunday, April 28, 2024

 

Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, Ga.  So, I was sitting in the waiting area in front of the elevator when a short man entered the room from the inside.  He had a hospital gown on, it might have been inside-out.

I was the only one there.  He saw me, lit up, smiled, walked over and handed me a note.  It said something like this:

 

“I am deaf.  Would you please help me get a drink out of the drink machine?”

 

I thought why would one need to be able to speak and hear to deal with a vending machine?  But to show my kindness and understanding, I nodded, “Sure!’

 

We walked over to the drink vending machine and he pointed at a certain drink inside the machine’s window.  I nodded and he looked at me and kind of pointed at me.  I got the message:   I was to pay for it.

 

OK OK.  I paid for it.   It was $3.25.  I first thought it said $2.25 and tried that, it would not work.  He pointed at the $3.25 sign.  Damn! I wouldn’t pay that much for a drink for myself.

I put the $3.25 cents and he got his drink, happily thanked me by bowing , nodding, and stretching his arms out towards me then left.

 

I have been SHAMMED!

No comments: