Friday, May 28, 2021

Reading Bill Schelly About Harvey Kurtzman


The other day I dug into links to various podcasts.    I was looking for Harvey Kurtzman, who I suppose he is best known for being the first editor of MAD Comic book.  I am a big fan of the late Harvey Kurtzman.

I found several Kurtzman podcasts and listened to one. 

Most of the podcasts I have listened to they talk too fast.  I think they increase the more words per second which makes me not understand most of he words and I am always behind and have a hard tune keeping up.

The Kurtzman podcast I listened to that day his biographer  was Bill Schelly.  I was very impressed with his vast Kurtzman information. 

I thought “Who is this Bill Schelly guy?”  So, I googled him.  He knew a lot about comic books and their creators.  However, he died in 2019.

Then I googled him and his image of his Kurtzman biography book was shown.  I recognized that book!  I have it!  But I don’t remember reading it.  I dug through my books and found it.  It over 600 pages.  With my aging short attention span, no wonder I did not read it.

It looks very interesting with a lot of insight about Harvey Kurtzman so decided to give it another try.  It would be a waste of money if I don’t.  Since it is so big and I have a short memory I would have a job of retaining it all, I decided to put the names in a genealogy program, listing his family, relatives, associates, and so on. 

So far I read about 150 pages. It is very good.


 

No comments: